Original Source Code of LYT8266 firmware

What do you think should be improved, features for the hard/software, bugs you found

Original Source Code of LYT8266 firmware

Postby LightMeiDing » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi,

as topic says: Something went wrong when I was doing an OTA update: It displayed an error. I was expecting that in this case the original firmware would still be on the bulb. But ... it did not work anymore.

So I soldered the pin headers and flashed example code using Arduino IDE. Well, the bulb is working perfectly! Only the original firmware is gone. What a pity!

LYT-Scripted is great, but I would like to combine both worlds. I have already programmed an Android app to control my own LED lamps, and I would like to use my app to control that bulb, too. Creating my own bulbs (using the Cree XML RGBW leds) was a hell of a lot of work until everything was ok, so these LYT8266 bulbs are a great replacement and much easier to handle.

So - as you can imagine - I have a very special "requirement": The bulb should be very dim when switching on at a specific time (well, when our baby is sleeping we do not want to have a bright light, so between 21:00 to 05:00 the light should be very dim, just enough to see the baby and dim enough so it won't wake up). Of course, receiving the time requires an established network connection in order to use NTP. Additionally UDP instead of/in addition to TCP connections would be great. So, I would like to examine the original firmware and LYT-Scripted to find out what's best for me.

But it might be that the original firmware is not written using Arduino IDE, thus will be harder to understand and will not compile without having your tool chain. But that's not a problem, as I don't want to compile it, just see how you did it.

Btw.: I read somewhere that we should not power up all LEDs at once (RGB and W at the same time), as then the transformer gets damaged. Is this really true?

Kind regards,
LightMeiDing
LightMeiDing

Re: Original Source Code of LYT8266 firmware

Postby pietromoscetta » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi LIghtMeiDing,

thank you for your post and passion you put in this activity.
Please send us an email here: info(at)authometion.com with your requests.
We will try to give you some hints for that.

Ciao,
Pietro
pietromoscetta
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions for the LYT/WiFi Project